Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault in United Kingdom
British actor and podcaster Russell Brand has been charged with multiple counts of rape, sexual assault, and indecent assault involving four women, with incidents reported to have occurred between 1999 and 2005. The charges were officially announced by England’s Crown Prosecution Service after a thorough review of evidence stemming from a police investigation prompted by a documentary aired in September 2023. Brand faces a total of two counts of rape and sexual assault, along with one count of indecent assault. The police have contacted him regarding the charges, and he is expected to appear in westminster Magistrates’ Court on May 2. british authorities are currently working on the logistics of bringing Brand, who is residing in the U.S., back to the UK for legal proceedings. Brand has denied the allegations, insisting that all his relationships were consensual. The investigation by London’s Metropolitan Police is still ongoing, and they have encouraged anyone with additional information to come forward.
Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault in United Kingdom
British actor and podcaster Russell Brand has been charged with rape, sexual assault, and indecent assault relating to four different women, according to British authorities.
Incidents associated with the charges occurred from 1999 to 2005, and Brand, 49, is facing two counts of rape, two counts of sexual assault, and indecent assault, according to England’s Crown Prosecution Service.
“We carefully reviewed the evidence after a police investigation into allegations made following the broadcast of a Channel 4 documentary in September 2023,” Chief Crown Prosecutor Jaswant Narwal said in a Friday statement.
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds everyone that criminal proceedings are active, and the defendant has the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that there be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”
London’s Metropolitan Police have written to Brand to inform him of the charges and instruct him to appear before the Westminster Magistrates’ Court on May 2, according to a report.
“The women who have made reports continue to receive support from specially trained officers,” Detective Superintendent Andy Furphy said. “The Met’s investigation remains open and detectives ask anyone who has been affected by this case, or anyone who has any information, to come forward and speak with police.”
ADOLESCENCE IS GRIPPING, BEAUTIFUL … PROPAGANDA
Brand is believed to be living in the United States and British authorities would have to seek an agreement to bring him to the United Kingdom. Extradition would be considered if there is no cooperation with the suspect, according to the report.
Brand has previously rejected the allegations against him and called them “very, very hurtful,” according to the report. He maintains that his relationships were “always consensual.”
" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
Now loading...