Alina Habba says teen gang members who kill police officers will be tried as adults

Alina Habba, the newly appointed U.S. Attorney for New jersey, is pursuing a critically important case regarding the fatal shooting of Newark police Officer Joseph Azcona.The shooter, a 14-year-old boy, is also accused of injuring another police officer during the incident. habba has filed to have the teen tried as an adult, emphasizing that individuals who engage in violent crime and have a history of gang involvement should face adult charges, irrespective of their age. She voiced her commitment to supporting law enforcement and ensuring maximum penalties for offenders,particularly in this case,as the suspect remains hospitalized after sustaining injuries. Habba’s position underscores a tough stance on crime in New Jersey,signaling that criminal acts against police officers will be met with serious consequences.


Alina Habba says teen gang members who kill police officers will be tried as adults

U.S. Attorney for New Jersey Alina Habba is taking an unflinching stance on the case of the shooting death of a Newark police officer.

Habba’s first case since she was sworn into her position last week is centered on Sergeant Joseph Azcona, who was allegedly shot and killed last month by a 14-year-old boy, who also is accused of shooting and wounding a second police officer. Habba filed paperwork on Thursday to try the suspect as an adult.

“This is really the way it should be. If you shoot a police officer, if you shoot anyone, I don’t care what your age is, if you are part of a gang and have a repeated history of crime, you will be tried as an adult,” Habba said on Fox News’s Fox and Friends Thursday.

According to Habba, the suspect, whose name has not been made public due to his age, was also injured and is still hospitalized. Habba expressed her concern that his detention would go under the state, which could lead to a low sentence. In the State of New Jersey, waivers for rights in the criminal justice system aren’t allowed for those under the age of 15.

FORMER COSTA RICAN PRESIDENT OSCAR ARIAS HAS US VISA REVOKED

“Listen, the message I wanted to make is very clear. Number one. I’m for my law enforcement, and I will support them. I will make sure that these individuals get the maximum sentences. Number two, do not do crime in the state of New Jersey,” Habba said.

Habba previously served as President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, most recently accompanying him every day in last year’s trial that ended with a Manhattan jury finding Trump guilty on all 34 felony counts of falsifying business records.



" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Sponsored Content
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker