Trump administration offers federal workers second chance to resign – Washington Examiner

The Trump governance is offering federal workers a second chance to resign with deferred pay and benefits as part of ongoing efforts to reduce the federal workforce. This renewed program, which resembles one initiated earlier in the administration, allows employees from various federal agencies, such as the Departments of Transportation, Agriculture, and Defense, to voluntarily resign while still receiving their salary until a specified deadline. Approximately 77,000 employees accepted similar offers during the initial phase of the program. The renewed offers, which have deadlines between April 7 and April 18, aim to encourage employees to consider their options before further workforce cuts are implemented.


Trump administration offers federal workers second chance to resign — or risk being fired

Various federal agencies have renewed deferred resignation offers for employees as the Trump administration eyes further cuts to the federal workforce.

The initial “fork in the road” deferred resignation program offered during the first weeks of the Trump administration allowed most federal employees to resign from their positions and still earn pay and benefits through Sept. 30. The offer was accepted by roughly 77,000 federal employees, according to the White House.

As the efforts to cut down the federal workforce continue, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Agriculture, and the General Services Administration confirmed to the Washington Examiner that they have renewed deferred resignation offers to employees.

“We’re providing DOT employees a second chance to voluntarily leave. This is just one part of our effort to make DOT more efficient and accountable to the taxpayer. Those who perform safety-critical functions are exempt from this program,” a DOT spokesperson told the Washington Examiner.

The offers are similar to the program presented earlier in the Trump administration and have deadlines in the coming weeks, from April 7 to April 18, depending on the agency.

“Under President Trump’s leadership, USDA is being transparent about plans to optimize and reduce our workforce and to return the Department to a customer service focused, farmer first agency. By offering a deferred resignation program, we’re giving employees the opportunity to take control of their next step in federal service before any changes take place,” a USDA spokesperson told the Washington Examiner.

The Department of Defense and the Department of Housing and Urban Development have also renewed deferred resignation offers. In a memo issued last week, the Defense Department told its senior leadership that it would offer a deferred resignation program to “all eligible civilian employees.” HUD announced on X on Monday that it would offer another “fork in the road” program through April 11.

FEDERAL JUDGE PAUSES TRUMP PROBATIONARY WORKER LAYOFFS IN SOME STATES, REVERSING NATIONWIDE RULING

The Department of Energy and the Small Business Administration have also reportedly offered renewed deferred resignation programs. The Washington Examiner has reached out to those agencies for comment.

The agencies’ renewed efforts to secure additional resignations come as the Trump administration has also cut various teams across agencies and attempted to lay off scores of probationary workers.



" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sponsored Content
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker