US Stealth Bombers Amassing on Remote Island of Diego Garcia – Somebody’s in for a Nasty Surprise

The U.S. military is reportedly preparing for a significant operation in the Middle east, evidenced by a considerable deployment of military assets, including several B-2 Spirit stealth bombers at Diego Garcia, a U.S. and UK base in the Indian Ocean. This base is strategically positioned out of reach from Iranian missiles, making it an advantageous location for military actions.Recent reports indicate that at least five B-2 bombers and additional cargo and refueling aircraft have arrived at the base over a short period.

The buildup of forces coincides with intensified air strikes against Iranian-aligned Houthi rebels, who have been attacking shipping in the Red Sea and responding too Israeli operations in Gaza. President Donald Trump has reiterated America’s stance against Iranian aggression and the Houthi attacks, suggesting that the U.S. response could escalate considerably. The deployment at Diego Garcia, along with aircraft carrier presence in the region, signifies a potential readiness for broader military action against Iran, further complicating the geopolitical situation in the area.


The United States military appears to be gearing up for a major operation somewhere in the Middle East, based on the buildup of assets, including several B-2 Spirit stealth bombers on the island base of Diego Garcia.

Diego Garcia is a joint United Kingdom-U.S. base located in the Indian Ocean. It was used as a bomber launch base for the Gulf War and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“It is very important to note here that Diego Garcia, unlike bases in the Middle East or aircraft carriers operating in the region, is largely out of the reach of the missiles and drones available now to either the Houthis or Iran,” the military news site TWZ (short for The War Zone) reported.

“Iran’s current longest-range ballistic missiles are generally assessed to have maximum ranges around 1,242 miles (2,000 kilometers). At its shortest, the distance between the Indian Ocean island and Iran is some 2,358 miles (3,795 kilometers),” the outlet added.

Reports suggest that there are at least five B-2 bombers at Diego Garcia already.

In addition to B2 bombers, “Satellite imagery posted on social media shows three C-17 cargo planes and 11 KC-135 refueling tankers deployed to Diego Garcia in the past 48 hours, reinforcing its role as a U.S. staging ground. The buildup coincides with intensified U.S. strikes on the Houthis and growing warnings to Iran,” Newsweek noted Wednesday.

Following strikes on the Iran-backed Houthis rebels earlier this month, President Donald Trump wrote on , “Tremendous damage has been inflicted upon the Houthi barbarians, and watch how it will get progressively worse.”

The Houthis have been attacking U.S. and other nations’ commercial shipping in and around the Red Sea and launching missiles at Israel.

“This has been ostensibly in retaliation for Israeli operations in Gaza following the brazen Hamas terrorist attacks on Oct. 7, 2023,” TWZ said.

Politico reported last week that Trump sent a second aircraft carrier group to the region to augment the USS Harry S. Truman carrier strike group, which is currently operating in the Red Sea. Its deployment has been extended by at least a month, two defense officials told the outlet.

Meanwhile, the USS Carl Vinson carrier strike group is on its way to the region after conducting exercises in the East China Sea with the Japanese and South Koreans.

In a Post last week, Trump wrote that the hundreds of attacks being made by the Houthis “all emanate from, and are created by Iran.”

“Any further attack or retaliation by the ‘Houthis’ will be met with great force, and there is no guarantee that that force will stop there. Iran has played ‘the innocent victim’ of rogue terrorists from which they’ve lost control, but they haven’t lost control. They’re dictating every move, giving them weapons, supplying them with money,” the president continued.

“Every shot fired by the Houthis will be looked upon, from this point forward, as being a shot fired from the weapons and leadership of IRAN, and IRAN will be held responsible, and suffer the consequences, and those consequences will be dire!” he concluded.

Trump has also been pushing Iran to end its nuclear weapons development.

Axios reported earlier this month that Trump sent a letter to Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, via a go-between from the United Arab Emirates.

In it, he proposed direct negotiation for a new nuclear agreement.

So it would appear that the buildup at Diego Garica and with the carrier groups could mean not only more strikes against the Houthis, but a big stick hovering over Iran itself.




Advertise with The Western Journal and reach millions of highly engaged readers, while supporting our work. Advertise Today.



" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sponsored Content
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker