Vance Makes The Case For Elbridge Colby’s Pentagon Nomination

On March 4, 2025, Vice​ President J.D. Vance made a strong‍ case for teh‌ nomination of ⁣Elbridge Colby to the position of Under Secretary of Defense for‍ Policy during a Senate Armed Services Committee ​hearing. Colby, who previously served⁣ as the deputy assistant secretary of defense for strategy and ​force progress during the first Trump management, is praised by‌ Vance for his⁣ understanding of global affairs and the industrial capacity needed for national defense.

Vance emphasized the importance of military power being supported ‌by ‌economic strength, highlighting Colby’s ability to anticipate future global conflicts and the changing nature of warfare.He stated, “We ⁣cannot fight wars unless our⁣ troops ⁤have the ammunition they need,” underscoring Colby’s foresight in identifying⁢ future needs for U.S. defense strategy.

Colby’s role as⁢ Under Secretary is ‌crucial for ‍implementing White House policy priorities within the Pentagon, including ⁤leading the development of the National Defense Strategy (NDS) and maintaining civilian control over the military. During his opening statement, Colby​ acknowledged ⁣the “real risk of major war” globally and expressed a commitment⁤ to valuing alliances while adapting them as necessary. His nomination is reportedly facing⁤ scrutiny from some GOP senators, but​ he ​is ready to engage constructively‍ with differing viewpoints to serve the interests of the United⁣ States foremost.

Vance believes that Colby’s perspective is ⁤essential for the Department of Defense, indicating that‌ his vision will be necessary for addressing‌ the ⁤challenges of ⁤the next several years.


Image CreditNTD/YouTube

Share

On Tuesday, Vice President J.D. Vance made the definitive case why Elbridge Colby is the right man to serve as the Trump administration’s under secretary of defense for policy.

Speaking before the Senate Armed Services Committee, the vice president touted Colby as a sound mind who understands the realities of existing global affairs and the need to build up America’s industrial capacity to ensure peace throughout the world. Colby previously served as the deputy assistant secretary of defense for strategy and force development during the first Trump administration.

“I think Bridge, more than any person I’ve ever spoken to, appreciates that military power, national security influence, is downstream of economic power,” Vance said. “As we’ve seen in so many of the conflicts that we’ve engaged ourselves in over the last 30 or 40 years, we cannot fight wars unless our troops have the ammunition they need. We cannot defend our own national security unless we have the … advanced weapons systems that are necessary to actually fight battles when — God forbid — those battles are necessary to fight.”

The under secretary of defense for policy plays a critical role in implementing the White House’s policy priorities throughout the Pentagon. According to the Congressional Research Service, the position’s office “leads the development of the National Defense Strategy (NDS), routinely represents the Department of Defense (DOD) to interagency and international partners, and has a key role in preserving civilian control of the military.”

Arguing on behalf of Colby’s nomination, Vance noted how the nominee has had great foresight in predicting future global conflicts.

“[I]n so many ways, Bridge predicted what we would be talking about four years down the road, five years down the road, ten years down the road. He saw around corners that very few other people were seeing around,” Vance said. “I think that he’s the type of perspective that we need so desperately at the Department of Defense, and I think that his role at the Department of Defense will be incredibly important in seeing around the corners of the next five years, and the next 10 years … .”

Colby’s nomination has received notable attention in recent weeks after reports emerged that several GOP senators are on the fence about his confirmation. Among those reportedly questioning the choice of Colby is Tom Cotton of Arkansas.

In his opening statement, Colby acknowledged the “real risk of major war” throughout the world, and expressed hope “that we can get through the coming years peacefully, with strength in ways that put us and our alliances on a stronger and more sustainable footing.”

Colby vowed that he is “willing and ready to engage with those who disagree with me and adapt my views based on persuasive arguments and the facts.”

“I value our alliances deeply, even as I think they must be adapted, and … I love our great country, and will put its interests first and foremost,” Colby assured.




" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Related Articles

Sponsored Content
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker