The Western Journal

White House Adviser Involved in Chat Leak Says, ‘It’s Embarrassing.

Mike Waltz, the national security adviser, has found himself in the spotlight due to a serious blunder involving a group text that mistakenly included journalist Jeffrey Goldberg. This conversation, which was about military operations against Houthi terrorists in Yemen, featured prominent White House figures, including Waltz and Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth. The mistake was publicly revealed by President Trump, who confirmed that it was a staffer’s error and expressed no intention to dismiss Waltz.

In a subsequent interview with Fox News, Waltz acknowledged the “embarrassing” mistake but emphasized that the actual military operation had been prosperous, highlighting achievements like the release of hostages and a new ceasefire in the Black Sea. He stated that while the mistake was regrettable, they are focused on moving forward and continue to support the president’s agenda.

Waltz addressed speculation about possible insider motives for the leak, asserting confidence in his team and the management. He expressed determination to learn from this incident and maintain effective operations moving forward.


This probably isn’t the way national security adviser Mike Waltz wanted to become a household name, but he’s not shirking from it.

For the unaware, Waltz has come under intense scrutiny after the bombshell revelation that The Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg was mistakenly included in a group text conversation that discussed military operations against Houthi terrorists in Yemen.

The text chain, which took place on the Signal messaging app, involved some big hitters in the White House, including Waltz, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, and Vice President J.D. Vance.

President Donald Trump eventually revealed that it was one of Waltz’s staffers that mistakenly included Goldberg, thrusting the national security adviser into an uncomfortable spotlight.

(Trump has made clear he has no intentions of dismissing Waltz.)

And while the mistake was undoubtedly a bad blunder, Waltz was still more than willing to speak about it.

In an interview with Fox News, Waltz elaborated on the “embarrassing” snafu while speaking with the network’s Laura Ingraham Tuesday.

The two initially began speaking about how — of all the possible wrong numbers to have been on that text chain — it was a specifically anti-Trump journalist who was privy to the messages.

“Is someone in your intel team trying to cause trouble here?” asked Ingraham. “Because that’s the scuttlebutt out there.”

“No,” Waltz flatly responded. “This is a great group, the president has a great team, this is not [Trump’s] first term.”

Waltz then pivoted, noting that — setting aside the accidental Goldberg addition — the operation was a success, and nobody has been focusing on that.

“They don’t want to talk about the success here,” Waltz said. “They don’t want to talk about the hostages getting released. They don’t want to talk about the Black Sea ceasefire that we just put in place today.”

You can watch the whole segment below:

Waltz did take ownership of the mistake, as well.

“So they want to focus on this. It’s embarrassing, yes,” Waltz said. “We’re gonna to get to the bottom of it.”

He later noted, “Look, we made a mistake, we’re moving forward, and we’re going to continue to knock it out of the park for this president.”

He added, “Look at what he’s gotten done in under two months.”




Advertise with The Western Journal and reach millions of highly engaged readers, while supporting our work. Advertise Today.



" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Sponsored Content
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker